- 1 (4-pound) bag large baking potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup sweet salad cube pickles
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Hands-on 20 minutes Total 1 hour
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water to cover and salted with 1 teaspoon of the salt for 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and remaining 11⁄2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
3. Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add the warm potato cubes, grated eggs, celery, and pickles to bowl, and gently toss with the mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately, or, if desired, cover and chill.
NOTE: Excerpted from Texas BBQ by the Editors of Southern Living. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved