- 1 roasted pepper, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 ear corn, roasted
- 1 medium peach, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 handful lemon verbena leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño (seeds removed)
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 thick-cut swordfish steak (approximately 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spice mix: 1 teaspoon each cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper.
- Sea salt to taste
Ask your fish monger where the swordfish comes from. Only buy fish from the U.S. caught with handlines or harpoons.
Chop the red pepper. Scrape kernels off corn. Put with peach, onion, herb leaves, jalapeño, lemon juice and oil in a bowl.
Spoon through carefully. Cover and keep in fridge until needed. Just before serving, add salt to taste.
Brush swordfish with olive oil, season with spice mix. Grill over hot charcoal until firm but juicy and with a nice grill pattern. Serve with salsa on the side and blue corn tortillas or chips