- 1 bowl seasonal greens (go for different varieties, including baby kale and mustard, and mizuna)
- 1 cup Texas strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces feta (try Hammond Farm goat milk feta, hammondfarm.com)
- 1 cup Texas olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons local raw honey
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Mix the dressing together. Keep it in a jar with lid until ready to use.
Just before serving, toss the salad with the strawberries, pecans, goat cheese and enough dressing to coat the greens without soaking them. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.