2 1/2 pounds chicken breast (or use a whole chicken)
2 large carrots, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
4 ears corn
3 tablespoons corn oil
2 1/2 cups of onion, copped
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 gallon chicken stock
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of salt
2 avocados, diced
1 cup La Vaquita® Queso Fresco
Fried tortilla strips
- Poach chicken breast in a large pot of salted water until just cooked through and chill in the refrigerator. Pull or shred chicken once cooled.
- Grill ears of corn on a medium high grill. Dice carrot and zucchini in large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until starting to caramelize, then add the garlic and stir briefly.
- Add the tomatoes and chipotles. Stir for 1-2 minutes before adding the wine, stock, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped carrots and cook for 10 minutes and then add zucchini and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Divide shredded chicken between bowls. Ladle soup over chicken, and top with diced avocado, tortilla strips, cilantro and La Vaquita® Queso Fresco.
NOTE - you can freeze the soup after step 5 (without corn on cob)