- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped chard leaves
- ½ cup chopped chard stems
- 2 teaspoon seeded, minced jalapeño
- ¼ teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1½ cup water
- Extra-virgin olive or expeller-pressed canola for cooking
- 16 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons cane sugar
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups diced strawberries (about 10 medium)
Mix flours, soda and salt in bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir to mix (mixture will be thick). Wait 5 minutes and add additional ½ cup water and mix well.
Add vegetables and nigella seeds. Mix thoroughly.
Heat 1–2 tablespoons oil in sauté pan. Gently drop large tablespoons of batter into pan. Cook on medium-high for 2 minutes per side. Press down gently after flipping over.
Serve with raita and chutney
Makes about 3 cups
Combine all ingredients and let rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Makes about 2 cups
Heat oil slowly with mustard seeds until they start to pop. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 15–20 minutes, until the fruit has mostly broken down. Cool and serve.