- A frozen bowl
- 2 - 3 scoops of your favorite ice cream
- A good dollop of whipped cream
- A ladleful hot fudge sauce
- A sprinkling of toasted and chopped pecans
- A spoonful candied (French) sour cherry
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (we use TCHO 68% Dark Chocolate Disks)
- 1 ounce butter
- 4.75 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 4.6 ounces corn syrup (Whole Foods Market)
- 2.1 ounces dark brown sugar
- 0.7 ounces dark cocoa powder (we use Cacao Barry Plein Arome)
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
TO MAKE A FAT CAT SUNDAE YOU NEED...
Scoop the ice cream into the bowl. Top with whipped cream, spoon over the hot fudge sauce and garnish with pecans and finally a little bit of candied cherry.
For the Hot Fudge Sauce
Fat Cat Creamery scaled the recipe down from their usual six quarts to one pint for Edible Houston, which is why the measurements (in the cats words) "didn't come out in nice home-cook-friendly amounts."
Combine dark chocolate and butter in a bowl, set aside.
Combine cream, corn syrup, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a sauce pan, whisk and bring just to a boil. Immediately pour hot liquid mixture over dark chocolate and butter; stir until chocolate and butter are melted and incorporated.
The cats recommend a quick buzz with a hand-blender at the end to make sure it’s super smooth. It can be kept in the fridge for at least a few weeks, but it’s so yummy it’ll go pretty quickly.