- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 large juicy Texas peaches
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crispy fried (heritage-hog) smoked bacon, cut in strips
- 8 ounces (or 1 large) locally made mozzarella
- 1 bag market-fresh greens like a mix of arugula and microgreens
Cut the tomatoes in half. Halve the peaches, take out the pit and cut into thin half moons. Shred the basil. In a large bowl, carefully spoon together tomatoes, peaches and basil. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic and raw honey. Spoon everything together (careful not to damage the peaches too much) and let infuse for up to 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I use sea salt flakes and fresh-ground black pepper).
Cut the mozzarella in cubes and spoon in. Arrange the arugula and microgreens on a plate and spoon mozzarella-tomato-peach mixture on top. Sprinkle crispy bacon on top and serve.