- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 small bell peppers or any other sweet peppers, diced
- 1 shallot or 1/2 a small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/3 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soaked at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber, patted dry
To make the quinoa salad combine the quinoa and water in a pot. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook it for 15-17 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Let the quinoa cool a bit then mix in the remaining ingredients and season as needed with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
To make the cashew tzatziki, combine the drained and rinsed cashews, water, lemon juice, salt, and nutritional yeast in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the tzatziki into a bowl, then stir in the dill and cucumber. Cover and chill until ready to use.
To serve, top a helping of the quinoa salad with the cashew tzatziki and enjoy!