- 6 pastured chicken legs with skin
- 4 tablespoons Berbere spice blend
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ onion, diced
- 6–8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 kohlrabi with leaves, diced (leaves chopped)
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix the dry spices together. The Berbere spice blend can be spicy so use less or more, to your preference! Mix the apple cider vinegar and lime juice and apply to the chicken.
Lay the chicken, onion, garlic and vegetables in a roasting pan or dish, sprinkle the spices and avocado oil and mix well. Ensure the chicken is rubbed with the spices as well.
Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 10 minutes. Then roast at 375° for another 45 to 60 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked (internal temperature of 165°, cooking times may vary). You may toss the vegetables and chicken around at 30 minutes. Serve hot!